TRENTON (CBS) – Dozens of people have been rounded up as part of a nine-month long probe into child predators and kiddie porn in New Jer...
domenica 25 giugno 2017
CHILD RAPISTS 134
A Christmas Valley man arrested in January for neglecting and abusing his children has been sentenced to more than four years in prison.
Geron Lee Weaver, 46, pleaded guilty June 15 to six counts of first-degree criminal mistreatment and no contest to one count of third-degree sexual abuse and was sentenced to 52 months in prison and 24 months of post-prison supervision.
He was scheduled for trial June 16 and faced a maximum of 30 years in prison.
Weaver was arrested Jan. 17 for forcing his six children to live with minimal food and without heat or safe drinking water for a matter of weeks at their home on the 86100 block of Thorn Avenue. The victims were between the ages 2 and 17 at the time and the 2-year-old had to be hospitalized in Portland due to severe neglect.
Weaver’s wife, Leslie Weaver, was also implicated in the neglect but has yet to be arrested.
Weaver was additionally accused of molesting his teenage daughter during at least one incident last year. Weaver must register as a sex offender and, when released from prison, the court recommended he complete sex offender treatment.
Four San Antonio men were arrested Tuesday on charges of sexual assault of a child in connection with four separate cases of abuse.
Omar Roman Salas, 25; Johnny Gonzales, Jr., 30; Brandon May, 30; and Kenneth Perez, 36, are the accused suspects in the cases.
All four men were booked into the Bexar County Jail on Tuesday evening. Salas and Gonzales are being held on $50,000 bail each, May and Perez on $75,000 bail each.
Salas, a youth minister at a local church, is accused of fondling and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy that goes to the same church. The first incident occurred sometime in April, when the victim spent the night at Salas' home.
The second incident occurred around May 5 or 6, again while the victim was spending the night at Salas' house. The victim told Salas he was uncomfortable with what happened the first time and didn't want it to happen again, according to police records. Salas allegedly assaulted the boy anyway.
The victim told his counselor at school, who told his mother, who then notified the church's pastor. The pastor addressed the accusations with Salas, who allegedly confessed to the crimes, according to his affidavit.
Gonzales, a maintenance technician at an apartment complex in the 13000 block of Jones Maltsberger Road, had sex with a 16-year-old girl in a maintenance room and an empty apartment at the complex he worked at.
Brandon May and Kenneth Perez were both indicted on charges of sexual assault of a child, and details of the allegations against them are slim.
Perez sexually assaulted a girl younger than 17-years-old on two separate occasions: Dec. 5, 2015, and August 5, 2015. On both dates, Perez had sex with the victim.
Perez was previously convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Dec. 4, 2003.
May is accused of sexually assaulting a girl under 17-years-old on June 27, 2015. No other details regarding the allegations against May were available on Wednesday.
Danyelle Dyer, a 21-year-old Oklahoma woman, has suddenly found herself living her worst nightmare. That’s because her uncle Harold English, the man convicted of molesting her as a child, has just moved into her grandmother’s house (his mother’s), which is right next door.
As Fox 13 Now reports, English is a convicted child molester who served time for the horrific sexual abuse he subjected Dyer to as a child. He was recently released from prison, and now lives just on the other side of the fence from his niece and victim. According to Danyelle Dyer, having her abuser so close makes her uncomfortable simply being in her own home.
Despite her apprehension, however, Danyelle has refused to be repeated by her child molester uncle Harold English yet again. Rather than hide out in fear, she has taken her case against the convicted sex offender public. Using her personal Facebook page, Dyer called out English, calling him “my abuser and my new neighbor.”
According to Dyer, she and her parents are now working to change the law in Oklahoma that allows for a situation as unfathomable as a sex offender legally living next door to his victim.
According to the sex offender registry page pertaining to Harold English, he was convicted of Lewd or Indecent Acts with a Child in 2005 and Abuse or Neglect of a Child/Child Beating in 2002. It is unclear whether both convictions are related to his molestation of Danyelle.
Dyer’s parents say that the worst part about the entire situation is that their daughter has been forced to publicly expose her “deepest, darkest secrets” in an attempt to once again remove convicted child molester Harold English from her life.
Under Oklahoma law, convicted sex offenders are already prohibited from living in certain areas, such near schools, churches, daycare facilities, or “where children gather.” However, there is currently no language on the books preventing convicted child molesters from moving in right next door to their victims. Dyer and her family are working to change that by adding the single word “victim” to the list of where these convicted and registered molesters are not allowed to reside.
Danyelle and her family have been working diligently not just to change the law that allows convicted child molesters to move in next door to their victims, but also to bring awareness to the problem. While she is trying to end the stigma of being a victim of child molestation in general, Dyer and her parents are specifically attempting to remove Harold English from their neighborhood so that Danyelle can live in peace in her own home. In fact, Larina Dyer (Danyelle’s mother) has ordered banners to warn neighbors of the sex offender in their midst in an attempt to keep her daughter and others in the vicinity safe and informed.
Her father also shared an open letter explaining his misery and the additional trauma the family is enduring due to a loophole in Oklahoma law that allows a situation like this one to exist.
At least one local media outlet has reached out to Harold English and his mother in an attempt to hear their side of the story, even stopping by the home in question. Rather than speak out, however, the home’s occupants told the news crew to leave.
Oklahoma Representative Kyle Hilbert claims that he is working with other lawmakers and Danyelle’s family in an attempt to update state law regarding the residence’s of convicted child molesters during the next legislative session. It is unknown if any legislative change will be able to retroactively applied to the case of Harold English and his victim.
In the meantime, Danyelle Dyer is warning everyone to utilize their state’s sex offender registries as a tool to keep themselves and their families safe.
An officer who put his hands down the trousers of an army cadet so he would 'stop slouching', and went on to abuse others, has been jailed for more than five years.
George Walker, 79, committed the offences in Burnley, Lancashire in the 1970s and moved to Devon two years ago. Former Captain Walker denied 10 offences of indecent assault and two offences of gross indecency with a child but was convicted of all counts, reports the Lancashire Telegraph.
His victim reported him to the police in 2014 - after watching a BBC report about a scoutmaster who had been convicted of sexually abusing children.
Walker went on to abuse another victim. He squeezed one of the boys' genitals and put his tongue in his ear, the trial heard.
Walker's address was given as Langdale Close, Estover, Plymouth.
An NSPCC spokesperson said: "Walker's victims were abused by a man whose job it was to ensure their safety. He took advantage of their trust to commit his vile sexual acts against them.
"The men he abused have shown great courage in coming forward and speaking out, which has led to Walker finally facing justice
"This case shows that victims of abuse can come forward, no matter how much time has passed and be confident they will be listened to.
"Anyone with concerns about a child can contact the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 8005000, children can contact Childline on 0800 1111."
A man described by police as a “depraved paedophile” has been jailed for 15 years.
Nigel Wade Paddock, 68, denied all 10 charges against him, but was convicted by a jury at Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court on Friday, June 16.
He had been found guilty of a string of sex offences dating back to 2010.
Paddock, from Tonypandy, was found guilty of nine charges, which included rape, sexual assault of a child under 13, causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity and engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child.
The court heard the offences, which dated back as far as 2010 with the most recent in 2015, occurred in the Rhondda as well as the Vale of Glamorgan.
Judge Neil Bidder jailed the pensioner for a total of 15 years, with an extended licence period of one year. He will also be placed on the Sex Offender Register indefinitely.
Detective Inspector Richard Weber said: “This result is testament to the bravery of Paddock’s young victim, and his family, who showed immense strength not only in coming forward to reveal the abuse, but also throughout lengthy and complex investigation and court process.
“There is no doubt this will have been an incredibly difficult and traumatic experience for them, one which was made all the more harrowing by Paddock’s refusal to admit his guilt, thus forcing the victim to live through the ordeal of a trial.
“We are so pleased that the jury saw through Paddock’s lies and we hope that the lengthy sentence will provide some comfort to the victim and his family, who are still trying to come to terms with the impact of Paddock’s appalling crimes.
“I’d also like to pay tribute to the officer in this case, DC Tayler-Lewis, who supported the family throughout the process. Her determined efforts to ensure no stone was left unturned helped ensure Paddock will be behind bars for a considerable time, where he is unable to pose a threat to any other children.”
Spanish Fork police officers arrested a man Tuesday night on reports of sexually abusing an underage girl for several years.
Police reports state on June 16, police responded on reports that an underage girl was being interviewed at the Department of Child and Family Services after being sexually assaulted.
The girl reportedly said she was sexually assaulted by Brandon Babb for at least six years. The girl said it happened on a “consistent” basis, essentially whenever Babb, 35, had an opportunity to be alone with her.
On several occasions, Babb reportedly photographed the girl naked. Babb would bribe the girl with tickets or other goods in exchange for her getting naked, reports state.
While the girl was naked, Babb would often touch her inappropriately or touch himself in front of her, reports state. The girl said Babb made her touch him inappropriately at least once.
Babb was arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail on suspicion of two first-degree felonies of sexual abuse of a child, one second-degree felony of sexual exploitation of a minor, and one third-degree felony of lewdness involving a child.
Babb has a history of sexual abuse and was charged as recently as June 19 with one first-degree felony of aggravated sexual abuse of a child in Nephi.
In that case, Babb was reportedly tending to a toddler when he touched her inappropriately. He told the toddler he was going to “hide her underwear” and they were going to play a game, reports state.
Babb was convicted in 2013 of unlawful sexual activity with a minor and was on probation when he was arrested Tuesday.
Jurors in the rape and sexual abuse case of John Richard Green took a day to convict him on 18 out of 20 charges he faced, Nevada County prosecutors said.
The jury on Thursday found Green, 46, guilty of 16 counts of lewd act upon a child, one count of rape and one count of continuous sexual abuse of a child. They acquitted him on two rape accusations, court officials said.
"The verdict shows that the jury believed the victims, all three of them," said Christopher Walsh, assistant district attorney. "He's looking at life."
Authorities will complete a pre-sentencing report in the case before Green's sentencing, which is over a month away.
Jurors in the six-day trial, which ended Wednesday, heard that Green had access to three girls over several years. He touched them inappropriately in different locations across Nevada County. The girls disclosed the abuse years later.
Deputy District Attorney Jesse Wilson argued that Green admitted some inappropriate behavior to officers, but denied much of it.
Tamara Zuromskis, Green's public defender, said her client is a good man whose main flaw was his temper. That temper led the girls to make accusations against Green.
WORCESTER - A Florida man was sentenced to prison after pleading guilty to charges of sexually assaulting three girls, ranging in age from 5 to 10, and of taking sexually suggestive photographs of two of the victims and a 15-year-old girl.
Evan Ingersoll, 54, of Punta Gorda, Florida, formerly of Shrewsbury, was sentenced to 7 to 8 years in state prison, with 5 years of probation to follow, after entering guilty pleas in Worcester Superior Court to three counts of indecent assault and battery on a child and single counts of posing a child in a state of nudity, possession of child pornography and photographing an unsuspecting nude person.
The investigation that resulted in the charges led police in January 2013 to the Marriott Residence Inn on Plantation Street, where Mr. Ingersoll, who was divorced, was staying while visiting his two children and where two of the victims, invited there to use the hotel swimming pool, were sexually assaulted, according to Assistant District Attorney Alyssa A. Kilmurray.
Authorities accused Mr. Ingersoll of molesting the girls at the hotel and of setting up a hidden video camera in the bathroom, where the victims changed in and out of their bathing suits. Sexually suggestive photographs of three of the four victims were found on electronic storage devices seized by police from Mr. Ingersoll’s room, according to Ms. Kilmurray.
The other indecent assault and battery on a child took place on or about March 10, 2009, at an unspecified location in Worcester, according to court records.
Calling his crimes “egregious” and methodically planned, Ms. Kilmurray recommended to Judge William F. Sullivan that Mr. Ingersoll be sentenced to 10 to 12 years in prison with 5 years of probation to begin upon his release.
The father of one of the victims described Mr. Ingersoll as “an extremely reprehensible person” in his impact statement to the court.
“You stole the innocence of our 9-year-old daughter and shattered her world as she knew it,” the father said before urging the judge to adopt the prosecution’s sentencing recommendation.
“Evan Ingersoll needs to go to jail for the maximum allowable time,” said the father of another victim. He said he was concerned about the emotional impact Mr. Ingersoll’s crimes would have on his daughter in the future.
“What scars will she carry? I don’t know, and that kills me as a father,” he said.
Mr. Ingersoll’s lawyer, Michael C. Wilcox, asked the judge to impose a sentence of 3 to 5 years with 10 years of probation to follow.
Mr. Wilcox, said his client, who holds advanced degrees and worked in the medical and cancer research field, had no prior criminal record and had been examined by two mental health experts, who both opined that he was a very low risk for future misconduct. Mr. Wilcox also said that Mr. Ingersoll was a victim of sexual abuse as a child and that he has been undergoing therapy since the time of his arrest in 2013.
Before imposing a sentence, Judge Sullivan commented on “the wreckage that this man has left in his wake” and said he did not believe any sentence he could impose would “make up for the pain and horror” Mr. Ingersoll had caused his victims and their families.
He went on to sentence Mr. Ingersoll to 7 to 8 years’ imprisonment with credit for one day he spent in custody after his arrest. As conditions of his 5-year period of probation, Mr. Ingersoll was ordered to register as a sex offender, complete sex offender treatment, submit to GPS monitoring, have no contact with the victims and their families and no unsupervised contact with any children under 16.